- Elected Representatives
- City Council
- City Staff
- City Financials
- Works Information
- City Town Statistics
- LPA Jurisdiction
- Local Planning Area Map
- Master Plan
- Zonal Regulations
- Change of Land Use
- Layout approval
- Building Plan
Welcome to the official website of City Municipal Council, Sagar
Sagara city is one of the 74 KMRP cities in the Karnataka state. The Website of this city was Launched on August 2007. Sagar ULB was started in the year 1931 and became CMC grade two in the year 2007.The ULB consist of 31 wards with the respective number of coucilors.The total population of the city 54,550 as per 2011 census and total area of the city is 19.71 sq.kms. The ULB has Received prize from Govt. of Karnataka in 1997-98.
Sagar is a taluk head quarter in Shimoga District, located on the Bangalore-Honnavar national highway no: 206 at a distance of 70 kms away from Shimoga. It is the third largest urban center in the district . The major roads links Sorab and Hosanagar towns and Shimoga-Talaguppa broad-gauge railway line passes through heart of the city, various subdivisional offices of state government departments are located at Sagar. Sagar City Municipality is in charge of local administration.
Sagar is a multifunctional city, the functional category being trade and commerce-cum-industry-cum services. The town is surrounded by forest lands with trees like teak, sandalwood, honne, mathi, bogi etc., Sagar is an important trading center for areca nut and pepper. An APMC is functioning in the town. Places of historic and tourist importance like keladi and Ikkeri are located very near to the city. More details:
24 Hours Help Line Service - Dial 08183-220178 Emergency Contacts (Sagara Complete Information)
Jog Falls :The most thrilling spectacle in the entire western region of Karnataka are the world famous Jog Falls. It is Situated on the borders of Shimoga and North Kanara ,30 Kms from this city. The wondrous sight is that of river Sharavathi taking a spectacular leap into the chasm from a height of 900 feet to from the highest waterfalls in India. The river Sharavathi hurtles in 4 distinct cascades. The first of these falls is known as the 'Raja' - the grandest, an unbroken sheet of water, the Raja plunges into the vapor shrouded poll 900 feet below. A few 100 feet way down, with a thunderous gush, Raja is joined by 'Roarer'. Leaping down with great speed in a series of cascades in the 'Rocket'. And gliding away in a feminine grace ,'Rani'. The effect is greatly heightened by the wild and beautiful region around which is covered with a wealth of luxuriant vegetation. The steps cut into rocks will lead you to the very depths of the fall and shower you with vaporous spray that bounces off these rocks.
Around Jog : There is also the splendid view of the Linganamakki dam, which is 1819 feet above sea level built across the river Sharavathi. This dam is the main feeder reservoir of the Mahatma Gandhi Hydroelectric project.Transport : The place is well connected by rail and road from Shimoga city and number of government & private buses ply between Shimoga and Jog Falls.
In The News :
- Ashraya Notification - 19-01-2015 Objections called for Siteless Applicants Survey List - Click here to view list1 List2
- Property Tax Information System (PTIS) - Asthi Online Application - Live from 15-11-2014
- Engineering Section, Health Section, Record Section, Computer Section tenders
- Online Property Tax Calculator - Application - for Citizens - to pay Property Tax.
- Citizens are requested to collect their C-forms from ward Bill Collectors of our Office -
- Citizens are requested to pay 2014-15 Property Tax and avail 5% rebate on tax till 30th April 2014
- Conversion of manure from weekly market waste through Heaping Process Stakeholders meeting - SWM Section
- ULB wise Census Population -2011 SC-ST Literates-Illitarates Population-2011
- User Fees details - while issueing Birth and Death Certificates to citizens
- To Solve Drinking Water supply Problems Plz Contact Sri Nagappa H K Junior Engineer, CMC Sagar
Wish you All A Very Happy And Prosperous New Year 2015 And Happy Sankranthi Festival
By President, Vice-President, Chairman, Councillors, Commissioner, and all staff.
- This page is Maintained by Shivamurthy P, Office Manager, CMC Sagar